02 wr426 backfire?

4 replies to this topic
  • lehmbeezy

Posted June 19, 2016 - 09:14 AM

Yesterday I took my bike out for the first ride and I noticed it has quite a bit if backfire especially when I left off the throttle my buddy said he thinks the Jets arnt adjustabed, would that be the cause?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 19, 2016 - 11:27 AM

Tha'ts not a back fire (through the carb) thats decelleration lean popping

Replace your pilot jet with a brand new one

Inspect your hot start for leaks

Inspect the boots for leaks

Inspect he header crush washer and junction for leaks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lehmbeezy

Posted June 19, 2016 - 12:31 PM

Tha'ts not a back fire (through the carb) thats decelleration lean popping

Replace your pilot jet with a brand new one
Inspect your hot start for leaks
Inspect the boots for leaks
Inspect he header crush washer and junction for leaks

will a manual explain how to replace a jet? And probably a stupid stupid but where am I lookin to find the boots and header crush washer, havint had this bike for long

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 19, 2016 - 12:59 PM

will a manual explain how to replace a jet? And probably a stupid stupid but where am I lookin to find the boots and header crush washer, havint had this bike for long

All very basic stuff.

It would take me hours here to explain everything in detail, or, you could get the service manual (not the owners manual) and read it.

There are sections for maintence, service, jetting, etc.

Lot's of youtube videos too, just search generically or specifically for the bike or task.

You can get the service manual for free from yamaha's website.

• lehmbeezy

Posted June 19, 2016 - 09:33 PM

All very basic stuff.

It would take me hours here to explain everything in detail, or, you could get the service manual (not the owners manual) and read it.

There are sections for maintence, service, jetting, etc.

Lot's of youtube videos too, just search generically or specifically for the bike or task.

You can get the service manual for free from yamaha's website.

well i just picked this jet up in a size 42 just waiting on it now https://www.rockymou...lot-Jet-?v=2860

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.