What speed and gear does your WR powerwheelie on pavement?

35 replies to this topic
  • Agazza

Posted June 16, 2016 - 11:31 AM

No motards wheels, no jerking or snatching, just flooring the gas and up the front?

What mods have you done?

Im finding my WR a little sluggish

• Nuklhed

Posted June 17, 2016 - 08:07 AM

3 rd gear.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 17, 2016 - 11:10 AM

No motards wheels, no jerking or snatching, just flooring the gas and up the front?

What mods have you done?

Im finding my WR a little sluggish

Wonder why no one is responding ?

• woods-rider

Posted June 17, 2016 - 11:26 AM

gears 1-5, but why do you want to wheelie on pavement?

• irme42day

Posted June 17, 2016 - 12:06 PM

Well living here in Arizona and being close to the Mexican border I just dump a bunch of Mexican Jumping Beans in the tank and let her rip.

Michael

G & H Acres

Beautiful Golden Valley AZ

Garden Spot of the Galaxy

Vacation Destination of the Universe

• Agazza

Posted June 17, 2016 - 01:39 PM

Wonder why no one is responding ?

I don't know? I suppose this is one of the bigger wr forums?

I did not want info from the motards because of the smaller wheel diameter

• Agazza

Posted June 17, 2016 - 01:40 PM

3 rd gear.

What speed? Do you know the size of your sprockets?

How much do you weight?

Trying to do a power assessment of my bike

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 17, 2016 - 01:55 PM

It's becuse your question requires a whole bunch more information, and even then, a slight lean one way or another would change the outcome....

• Agazza

Posted June 17, 2016 - 02:11 PM

It's becuse your question requires a whole bunch more information, and even then, a slight lean one way or another would change the outcome....

I know, but I do not think anyone here has acceleration times measured, but this will also suffice☺

It's just a estimate I'm looking for

• Mr YumYums

Posted June 17, 2016 - 02:27 PM

I can easily wheelie in 3rd gear. I have irc gp-1s as tires. Just a slight tug in 4th I can go from 40mph to 60mph redlining doing a wheelie.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Borgschulze

Posted June 17, 2016 - 03:35 PM

The SuMo's are geared way higher, it's usually easier to wheelie a bike with the dirt wheels because it's usually geared for dirt riding.

Has almost nothing to do with the wheel diameter.

• Mr YumYums

Posted June 17, 2016 - 04:06 PM

The SuMo's are geared way higher, it's usually easier to wheelie a bike with the dirt wheels because it's usually geared for dirt riding.

Has almost nothing to do with the wheel diameter.

well actually, larger diameter tires give you more speed than smaller diameter tires. So smaller diameter tires can give more torque than larger ones. The diameter of a tire does matter.

• toten

Posted June 17, 2016 - 04:30 PM

My 03 WR450 SM is geared (both tooth count and effective gearing, ie speed vs rpm) quite a bit taller than most WRs, at 14/40. It doesn't come up in 2nd without some effort. 

The lower center of gravity also makes wheelies less likely.

• Mr YumYums

Posted June 18, 2016 - 04:11 AM

My 03 WR450 SM is geared (both tooth count and effective gearing, ie speed vs rpm) quite a bit taller than most WRs, at 14/40. It doesn't come up in 2nd without some effort.

The lower center of gravity also makes wheelies less likely.

how hard is it to get going from a stop? Do you really have to give it gas?

• falconjet

Posted June 18, 2016 - 05:34 AM

I put helium in my front tire.

So I can wheelie at 100 in 6th gear.

This question is about as lame as the "What oil is best" question.

• Borgschulze

Posted June 18, 2016 - 08:35 AM

how hard is it to get going from a stop? Do you really have to give it gas?

I'm geared 15/41, top speed is over 100mph.

You can stall the bike if you're not careful taking off and let the clutch out too fast.

Yes wheel diameter can make it easier, but you're forgetting how much higher a SuMo is geared, it completely negates the fact that the wheel is smaller.

It's not as bad as my Husaberg 550 was though, that bike was geared 16/39, and it would easily stall taking off if you didn't slip the clutch enough.

For what it's worth, my SuMo will easily power wheelie in second, and if you time it right, third as well, but I suck at wheelies... I can get the front to come up a bit in 5th if I yank on it and dump the clutch.

Falcon is right though...

• Agazza

Posted June 18, 2016 - 10:23 AM

Guys, give Me other ways to estimate my power and i will look at that instead, this purely for estimating if my bike is sluggish or not. People know how hard their bike is to wheelie, but none of you know your 0-60 time
Thank you everybody who tried to give me useful info

• Nuklhed

Posted June 19, 2016 - 04:31 PM

It's 12 tooth up front, stock in the rear.  I weigh plenty, thank you very much.  I move my weight back over the rear tire, which helps.  I've also got a 3.2 gal tank.  The ECU is programmable and the snorkels are gone and exhaust tip is a GYTR.  I have to get it in mid-RPM as I tend to lug the engine.

• chelder

Posted June 19, 2016 - 05:17 PM

74Kgs 14/51 GYTR/FMF full titanium system and tuned can pull a sic wheelie in 5th at 100kmph

• Mr YumYums

Posted June 20, 2016 - 06:55 AM

Guys, give Me other ways to estimate my power and i will look at that instead, this purely for estimating if my bike is sluggish or not. People know how hard their bike is to wheelie, but none of you know your 0-60 time
Thank you everybody who tried to give me useful info

I'll do a 0-60 time today. I will let you guys know. I'm sure it's under 4. Just need to keep the front wheel down

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.