Wiring turn signals and strange connector

1 reply to this topic
  • Snow Drift

Posted June 15, 2016 - 09:56 AM

Sorry for more posts on electrics but I am learning and have been doing research on it. I have worked out what electrical switches and components I want to fit to my bike but I'm now trying to understand how to wire it up so that I can see what other connectors and bits I need to buy. 

I have watched the Rockymountain youtube video on how to wire the tusk headlight switch so I think I should be okay with the headlight switch but I'm not sure were to start with the turn signals. Does anybody have a link to a video or guide on how to wire in turn signals? Most videos show replacing turn signals that are already wired in.

I have soldering, crimping, and electrical products and have used these before when repairing wires or fitting new connectors etc but I am not educated on the basics of wiring diagrams and how the circuits should go. Does the turn signals need to go to a flasher and then the switch?

Also behind my headlight I found a connector that has a plastic blanking cap on it. I am wondering what this is and what it is used for, does anybody know anything about this connector? Could it have anything to do with turn signals?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Snow Drift

Posted June 17, 2016 - 01:30 PM

I have done a bit of a search but can't find out what this spare connector is supposed to go to. Have you guys got this connector on your bike behind the headlight?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.