99 YZ400 wont shift

No replies to this topic
  • Desmodus

Posted June 15, 2016 - 09:46 AM

I replaced the clutch cable on my YZ and I think I broke something. Or somethings. While replacing the cable I noticed the torsion spring on the push rod was kind of bent up so I took the clutch cover off, loosened the clutch springs and pulled the rod to replace the spring. Now when I put everything back together, it seems I'm not getting enough travel on the push rod. Or its not engaging soon enough, maybe?

Either way, it died when I shifted N->1st, and I can't get it to shift out of 1st. The clutch springs are all in spec (1.72") and torqued down. What should I be looking at to get a better/earlier engagement? Or could I have messed something up when removing the push rod?

Any help is appreciated!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.