Drifting to the right

4 replies to this topic
  • Slow and Jerky

Posted June 13, 2016 - 04:06 AM

I have  a 2014 WR450, I have noticed that it wants to go right, not exactly pulling, just sort of wants to go that  way. I have messed with the bar alignment, changed the fork oil, re-packed the stem bearings, changed the front wheel bearing, changed the front tire and checked rear wheel alignment. I do have Flexx bars on it so I replaced the bushings on those. So I am down to two possibilities at this point. The bars don't appear to be bent, but the right side is about 3/4" taller than the left, but since they move and the concrete on my garage floor is pretty  rough I am not real confident about the measurement. The other thought I have is that the inner cartridge seal on the right fork may be going. When I changed the oil it took quite a bit to get all the air out of it.

Before I shell out the money for new bars and /or tear the forks apart again, anyone have any ideas what else it could be?

• stevethe

Posted June 13, 2016 - 05:25 AM

Sounds like fork alignment. That is where you loosen up the pinch bolts and re align your forks straight then re torque them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slow and Jerky

Posted June 13, 2016 - 06:04 AM

Sounds like fork alignment. That is where you loosen up the pinch bolts and re align your forks straight then re torque them.

Tried that and the pinch  bolts on at the front axle. The frustrating  part is that just sitting it on the bike and not moving, the bars and everything feels correct.

• stevethe

Posted June 13, 2016 - 07:52 AM

If everything is straight it shouldn't veer to one side or the other.

• RockerYZWR

Posted June 13, 2016 - 09:34 AM

Check your rear wheel alignment. If your chain adjuster is just a tiny bit off on one side it can make the bike veer to one side.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.