2016 450F efi tuning?

3 replies to this topic
  • asian195

Posted June 12, 2016 - 06:52 PM

i am researching some questions for a friend who is not part of this forum and i am a yamaha 2 stroke rider. so please bare with me.

anyways, i have a friend with a 2010 yz450f who has the GYTR power tuner, and another friend that just bought a 2016 yz450f. after some research it seems as the Power tuner will work from 2010-2017 450f bikes according to shopyamaha.com. is this correct?

Also, my friend with the 2016 is coming from a 2002 CRF450. so the power of the yamaha was a bit surprising to him, especially the off idle "Bark" the yamaha's have. If my friends Power Tuner will work on the 2016, what is a good starting point for mapping to remove the "bark" and smooth the power out? 

With the research i have done, i know that the stock mapping is different between years, so loading a saved map from my friends Tuner will not act the same between the 2010 and 2016. I will continue to do more research, but i wanted to get this thread started. Thanks for your help and i hope i am not to vague. 

• asian195

Posted June 12, 2016 - 07:05 PM

After some quick research about EFI tuning, it seems adding fuel and retarding timing will lessen the hit off idle. this correct? i attached the MXA maps. im not sure what year bike this map is for but the bottom map "less hit" seems to be what im looking for. what is a safe range rule of thumb to go by? ie. how low can you retard timing and how much fuel can you add? thanks.  

YZ450F-IGNITION-FUEL-MAPS.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • foggy3061

Posted June 13, 2016 - 06:22 AM

With the research i have done, i know that the stock mapping is different between years, so loading a saved map from my friends Tuner will not act the same between the 2010 and 2016. I will continue to do more research, but i wanted to get this thread started. Thanks for your help and i hope i am not to vague. 

Yamaha have posted these as suggested maps for the 2016 YZ450F:

http://bit.ly/1TXalcy

• asian195

Posted June 13, 2016 - 06:26 AM

Thanks. I will have him try the linear torque map first.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.