98 WR 400 Project

Yamaha WR400F 1998 Yamaha WR400F

No replies to this topic
  • Justin Steele

Posted June 12, 2016 - 08:29 AM

Not super familiar with the Forum thing so if I’m doing a "build thread" in the wrong place someone let me know lol.

But any way this week I bought a 98 WR400 off the side of the road for 400 bucks.  It came with a box of parts containing the carb plastics and the timing tensioner.  The guy said he took off the carb to replace to float and pin.  My guess is that he realized that he got to deep (Probably about the time he unnecessarily took off the Tensioner lol.  )  then just decided to dump it. 

I have since reset the timing and I’m waiting on my carb rebuild kit. 

Wanted to share my project with everyone and more than anything get some feedback and advice so feel free to chime in.  I will add some photos asap.  

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Front, Rear fork issue by Asondrup

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
Custom Yamaha upper frame guards for $2.00 - last post by AZPromoter

Custom Yamaha upper frame guards for $2.00

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2000 WR 400 by SuperRev

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

The Best Carburetor Option? by Snasbury

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Kickstarter Noise by JohnClaude

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.