Hood River

Had a question to any one who rides hood river .

What's the best staging area ? I would like to stay away from the mountain bikers and haven't been there in about 4 years and only ridden there that one time.

Any guides or someone heading that way tomorrow ? My buddy who was gonna show me around can't make it do to a newborn baby and b!tc$ing wife .

Any help would be much appreciated . Thanks

Brokedownoften...I would be willing to ride Hood River Sunday morning if you are still looking for a ride.  I have ridden there 10-15 times, been awhile yet with map can find best trails away from MTBs.

Ahh shoot, I went there yesterday with a buddy . We grabbed a map and rode every trail that was on it by 2 plus some that aren't on the map. If wad pretty fun minus running into multiple MTBs on the single track dirt bike trails. There was one group that stopped us and told us to stay off this trail I think it was 170 but was posted as a dirt bike trail , we laughed at them then some dude got in front of my buddy and threatened to kick his a$$ wtf . Not a good idea as we both pack. Other than that we had a good time.

Maybe on the next outing I will be down to join with u , I have other stuff going on today(Sunday )

Brokedownoften, I'm in the area for work this summer and have ridden there a couple of times now. Right now I have Saturdays off only and would like to ride non solo, so let me know if you head that way.

Trail 170 is multiple use and I have seen a lot of MTB's on it, but they have all been friendly. Haven't had your experience yet. I have been staging out of Binns Hill and heading towards Kingsley on 180. There is a collection of ST loops out that way that I've not seen a lot of traffic on (180L, 183L, 184L, 185L). Unfortunately it doesn't take long to cover all of it. 

Always looking for someone to ride with, and locals that know where the good trails are. I have a knack for finding the boring trails long before I find the fun ones.

Brokedownoften, I'm in the area for work this summer and have ridden there a couple of times now. Right now I have Saturdays off only and would like to ride non solo, so let me know if you head that way.

Trail 170 is multiple use and I have seen a lot of MTB's on it, but they have all been friendly. Haven't had your experience yet. I have been staging out of Binns Hill and heading towards Kingsley on 180. There is a collection of ST loops out that way that I've not seen a lot of traffic on (180L, 183L, 184L, 185L). Unfortunately it doesn't take long to cover all of it. 

Always looking for someone to ride with, and locals that know where the good trails are. I have a knack for finding the boring trails long before I find the fun ones.

cool man will most likely head out there next Saturday again since I dig the area ! I do most of my riding in the TSF but the trails at hood river seem pretty good and marked well. It was a little dusty so hopefully it gets some rain by then.

Maybe the MBT thing was someone having a bad day or had a previous problem with dirtbikes/quads , who knows just hope it doesn't happen again.

Another option to Post Canyon (Binns & Kingsley) is Pine Mont on the east side of HR.  No sign of MTBers each time I have ridden there.  More single track, tons of 'non-mapped' trails.

I am planning to camp at Kingsley Reservoir next weekend, riding with my kids...look for a Coachman class-C, a 300 xc-w and a pair of TTR-125s if you guys ride Post Canyon.  

Edited by NW_E-rider

Planning to be at the Binns Hill staging area tomorrow morning to ride. Blue Ford dually with a Beta.

I'm a competent 51 yo trail rider. If you want to fly, I'm not the one to ride with, but I haven't found anything up there that I can't or won't ride. If you're going to Pinemont and know the area well, I'd be open to that too.

Look forward to riding with you someday mtngoat...I was rocking the XR200 in Post Canyon/Kingsley this weekend riding with my girls (1st time).  Both now know how to use a clutch, can survive green and a little blue trails, and asked to go riding again...success!

• Like 1

Do any of you guys know of any summer closures that may be coming up in this area? Or any good web sites that one could get good up to date info on possible closures? I've heard rumors that they have closed the hood river area in the summer months due to fire danger in the past. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Shut down for fire season usually happens around July 4 except for Binns/Post. They sometimes leave that open a little longer but it shuts down eventually. Someone will usually post it on TT when there is an announcement. You can also call the Hood River County Forestry dept prior to your trip if in doubt.

• Like 1

Shut down for fire season usually happens around July 4 except for Binns/Post. They sometimes leave that open a little longer but it shuts down eventually. Someone will usually post it on TT when there is an announcement. You can also call the Hood River County Forestry dept prior to your trip if in doubt.

Ok cool. Thank you!