What are the stock tubes in a 2012 WR450F?

4 replies to this topic
  • Nathh

Posted June 10, 2016 - 06:25 PM

Hey guys,

Anyone know what sort of tubes are in a stock 2012 WR450F?

I need to change the rear tyre for the first time (still has stock rear tyre) and was thinking about getting a

heavy duty tube but the current tube has nothing wrong with it, never goes down, never had a flat.

Is this because they already come out with heavy duty tubes?

Also have any of you ever tried a Pirelli Heavy duty tube?

I run Pirelli tyres and they're great so I assume their tubes are awesome as well, would like to know what you guys think though.

Cheers,

Nath.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 10, 2016 - 06:50 PM

They come stock with standard tubes.

110-140/80-100-18 DUNLOP tube

11: 

TUBE 120/90-18
(110-140/80-100-18 M/C),DUNLOP

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted June 10, 2016 - 06:50 PM

Should be thin stock Dunlop type tubes. Not thick.

• Nathh

Posted June 10, 2016 - 07:09 PM

Ok thanks guys, will definitely throw a heavy duty tube in as I don't feel like fixing a flat in the bush. 

• Pancho_Jsy

Posted June 13, 2016 - 01:47 AM

Be aware that heavy and ultra heavy tubes generate a lot of heat and friction when used at speed, especially when the pressures are low. Just something to be aware of and keep an eye on :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.