Hanging idle questions

4 replies to this topic
  • nateb1583

Posted June 10, 2016 - 03:06 PM

I was wondering if the "dreaded hanging idle" that I have been hearing so much about on the WR's applies when the bike is in gear too? I am having an issue with my WR426 (recently bought and just got running) pushing really hard sometimes when I cut the throttle. I am new to the thumpers so I really don't know what to expect with this thing. I had to start slowing down really early for corners on my first trail ride to compensate for this when taking it out for my first trail ride. The bike did have some carb issues from sitting for 5 years with dried up fuel in it when I bought it so I am still trying to work out the kinks.

• AKmud

Posted June 10, 2016 - 03:12 PM

It shouldn't "push", these big 4-strokes have great engine braking. I haven't experience the "hanging idle" issue myself, but I imagine it would happen whether the bike was in gear or not since it is an engine issue and not transmission.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted June 10, 2016 - 03:53 PM

Service the carb, and replace the wear items (slide plate, emulsion tube, slide plate seal, fuel screw oring) and service the hot start, if you have one.

• Mr YumYums

Posted June 17, 2016 - 02:31 PM

I have an 06 wr450f and when I blip the throttle when it's idling, sometimes it will shut off. Is this normal?

• nateb1583

Posted June 17, 2016 - 02:45 PM

Service the carb, and replace the wear items (slide plate, emulsion tube, slide plate seal, fuel screw oring) and service the hot start, if you have one.

i will do that. thank you

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.