5 replies to this topic
  • Buck

Posted December 07, 2000 - 09:23 AM

I currently have a 1999 WR400. I am buying a used 1999 YZ400 for a parts bike. The radiators are a different part # for the YZ and someone told me that they are not as thick as the WR. Is it going to make a huge difference if I run the YZ radiators. New radiators would cost as much as I am paying for the entire YZ.

• Bill

Posted December 07, 2000 - 09:38 AM

If your interested in selling any parts off of the bike, email me. I would like to get some stuff for my WR.

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• William

Posted December 07, 2000 - 11:13 AM

If your selling the seat and tank email me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 07, 2000 - 11:56 AM

The YZ radiators have 1 less tube - WR = 11; YZ = 10. It probably won't make a huge difference unless you ride really tight technical trails & get lots of dirt caked on the radiators - ie no air flow.

I'd be interested in the front number plate.

• Buck

Posted December 08, 2000 - 04:58 AM

I'm not planning on selling the bike or parting it out. I just wanted to know if anyone out there has tried using YZ radiators on their WR. I'm concerned about overheating.

• Buck

Posted December 08, 2000 - 05:16 AM

Thank you Brian. That was the infromation that I was looking for.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.