Drain plug update

54 replies to this topic
  • neWRiver

Posted April 03, 2002 - 11:01 AM

Here's another "bystander" viewpoint.

1) I personally would take a lot of coaxing to represent a group buy for no personal profit. I'm sure Scott is is now pretty well aware of the logistical problems that can arise and the potential to piss people off.

2) I would never participate as a buyer in a group buy if I needed prompt delivery and was not prepared to wait it out.

3) People should be held accountable for their actions and live up to their promises to the extent possible. People should also be realistic about they're expectations toward someone who does not gain from the transaction or is only trying to help.

4) It's easy to play on the frustrations and anxieties of others. Take some accountability for your comments before you rally the lynch mob and especially if you can offer no real assistance to resolve the matter.

JMHO :)

• KTM250rm

Posted April 03, 2002 - 11:03 AM

EgoAhole,

Now that's haliarious.

Jason is a riding buddy of mine and I'll have to riddle his cage about that one.

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 03, 2002 - 11:53 AM

Hey NewRiver
You some kinda passafist ?
You must have graduated Berkly :D
Lets get NewRiver I think he is in cahoots with the other guy who "STOLE YOUR MONEY"

Oh man were goonna have a lynchin
Burn the Witch
Burn That witch
BUUUURRRRNNN THA WITCH :)

• DR.billZ

Posted April 03, 2002 - 12:01 PM

Don't quote me on this, but I heard the guy has some possible serious health problems. This is second-hand and could be the truth or a story.
In all honesty, I've never given anyone money over the internet without the thought that I could lose it. The most I've given is a check to another website(NOT DRN). But I'd already gotten MORE than my money's worth from that site. I pay by C.O.D. ONLY!
With that said, I'd keep up the "fight", however and demand a product or a refund.

• #1_Hit-man

Posted April 03, 2002 - 12:34 PM

Originally posted by neWRiver:
Here's another "bystander" viewpoint.

1) I personally would take a lot of coaxing to represent a group buy for no personal profit. I'm sure Scott is is now pretty well aware of the logistical problems that can arise and the potential to piss people off.

2) I would never participate as a buyer in a group buy if I needed prompt delivery and was not prepared to wait it out.

3) People should be held accountable for their actions and live up to their promises to the extent possible. People should also be realistic about they're expectations toward someone who does not gain from the transaction or is only trying to help.

4) It's easy to play on the frustrations and anxieties of others. Take some accountability for your comments before you rally the lynch mob and especially if you can offer no real assistance to resolve the matter.

JMHO

:D :D :D All we would need is some "COMMUNICATION HERE", thats all :) :D :D But I want a "REFUND", and you know where he can put the plug :D :D

• neWRiver

Posted April 03, 2002 - 12:53 PM

Originally posted by EgoAhole:
Hey NewRiver
You some kinda passafist ?

Hardly.

Just challenging those who may be "incapable of exercising real discretion."

:)

• b-bike

Posted April 03, 2002 - 06:42 PM

Fellow TTer's

Do any of you live in the great state of Missouri?

If so... Do any of you know Scott or live near enough to Grandview MO. where you could give him a call or drop in and check up on the guy to see if indeed he is in bad health and just needs a hand with getting the stuff sent?

I CAN accept the fact that we and I might never see the plugs we have paid for because someone ripped us off. (fool me once... ya know)

However... I CAN'T accept ripping on someone while not knowing all the facts.

Granted, this has all the looks, sights, sounds, and smells of something really rotten. But... Has Scott fell on hard times? and if so, who do you think will come out smelling the worst by us raggin on him.

If we HAVE been ripped off by Scott then (He) will have to deal with that at a later date. I hope He can sleep well.

We (drain plug bulk buy TTer's) will get past this. We also will learn something from this too.

IMHO. I quit checking the mail box for my plug. If it shows up... whoopeee.

• Glen_T

Posted April 04, 2002 - 06:18 AM

Ii agree with b-bike. Since it was a $15.00 item, no big deal, but this is why I haven't taken anyone up on a steering dampner group buy. This will be my last G-B.
GLEN

• motoman393

Posted April 04, 2002 - 09:58 AM

Speaking of steering dampners where is the cheapest place to buy a GPR or Scotts (I dont want a WER since I would have to cut my front # plate up) Thanks,

Garrett

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 04, 2002 - 10:09 PM

Motoman
try
www.rockymountainmc.com

These guys are great as far as customer service, not sure on your price but I have found things there alot cheaper
Good luck :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted April 04, 2002 - 11:30 AM

I was not involved in the group buy, and I don't know Scott, but two points:

1. the 'Bulk Buy' is a major nightmare to organise etc... just ask NHKevin.. I think he is still in therapy from those t-handles...

2. Perhaps if Scott is reading this, you are putting him off posting a reply or update - he probably thinks he will get beaten on once he shows his face again... Like when you are behind in a car payment or something, you know you should just call them, but the longer you leave it, the worse it seems it is going to be when you do call...

Scott, if you are out there, please post something, and then you can get this sorted, and the sour taste will be diminished for a lot of people... Bad Karma is bad karma...

David

• #1_Hit-man

Posted April 04, 2002 - 02:44 PM

Originally posted by DR.billZ:
Don't quote me on this, but I heard the guy has some possible serious health problems. This is second-hand and could be the truth or a story.
In all honesty, I've never given anyone money over the internet without the thought that I could lose it. The most I've given is a check to another website(NOT DRN). But I'd already gotten MORE than my money's worth from that site. I pay by C.O.D. ONLY!
With that said, I'd keep up the "fight", however and demand a product or a refund.

I don't beleive this to be true, if you remember he did e-mail some with some reply's. And if you remember, he never said anything about being sick. "THATS BULL" as far as I am concerned, we got ripped off :) I guess I will have to accept this, and if they come they come.

No more bulk buys for me. And if you remember with Kevin, he had "ALOT" more people to deal with and did an "EXCELLENT" job. THANX! Kevin :D

• MOmilkman

Posted April 04, 2002 - 03:51 PM

Mabye the great leaders of this forum could set aside a area where people that have bought stuff on this site could post positive comments about the people they have bought from.

Kind of like the positive feedback you get on e-bay when you complete a transaction.

That way if your contempating buying something from someone on here you might be a little more at ease if someone else has bragged about them.

Sound like a good idea?

• sirthumpalot

Posted April 04, 2002 - 04:08 PM

Better yet how about an area where vendors can post products for us to choose from and to post a product they will agree to some sort of discount if x number of people place an order directly from the company. Sound good?

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 04, 2002 - 04:14 PM

Food for thought

TT has an area to purchase Items already, Maybe in the future TT can allow bulk buys in this forum ? :)

Not sure what the Brian and company would think about that.

If the TT'rs hook into a good product say the drain plug or Maybe a Ring Nut Spanning Tool (Eh Shawn) then they could negotiate a good price and get it from the manufacture/

Hey its advertisment for the manufacture / vender and revenue for TT and a better price for us

• b-bike

Posted April 04, 2002 - 04:26 PM

Sirthump:

That is the best idea I've heard yet! :D :D

The vender can let us know up front how many orders it will take the get the price brake. Then TT can have a board that keeps a tally on how many people are in.

Then we can order & pay the vender.

Sirthump... you da man! :) :D

All we need now is the TT "Big Boys" (Bill & Bryan) to run this idea past the proper people. That's if they want to or if think it will work.

Keep up the good work Sirthump. :D

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 04, 2002 - 04:33 PM

HEY WAIT !!! DID NOT I !!! Just a minute here

I said that too :)

Now B-Bike and SirThumpy are you guys picking on me like Shawn MC is :D

Next you all will start calling me egotisticle or better yet a jackass :D

Honestly dosnt TT already have an area to purchase products ??
[ April 04, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]
They Do, They Do, I was Right again, I was Right That's why I am "EGO_AHOLE" (SHAWN)
https://secure.ionca...ycategories.asp
This is a good start

[ April 04, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• b-bike

Posted April 04, 2002 - 07:36 PM

EgoAhole:

Did'nt mean to diss ya. See... it takes me quite some time to type these posts using the "hunt & peck" methed. lets see now... where is the "B" key... oh ya there it is... By the time it took you to make your post I was just getting past wrighting the opening to my reply to sirthunpy.

Anyway... I went to the page in question, typed in drain plug in the "search" box, then ... nothing. :D Nothing matched my search.

I guess we need a vender who sells them (one that is interested in making some extra cash for the boss) to advertise on TT. :D

Catch ya later EgoAhole :D :)

b-bike

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 05, 2002 - 04:02 AM

No Worries I like Goofin with people
(Cept Shawn He is to sensitive :) )
Plus he dont like the way I spell

• G-Man

Posted April 05, 2002 - 10:00 PM

Hey there's a BRIDGE in the freaken ARIZONA desert (London Bridge in Havasu) I'd like to sell you, lets get together for a "group buy"! LOL

Sorry couldn't resist and yes the Magnetic Drain plug works great btw!

Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.