Radiator/cooling

3 replies to this topic
  • BrianVT

Posted March 13, 2004 - 12:28 PM

Stripped everything but motor and cleaned/greased. Just got the bike back together. Small hose is leaking at clamp going into top of left radiator. Only change I made was thermostat. Gave Parts+ guy the Napa number. Drilled hole in rim. The clamp is maxxed. It's a pretty wimpy clamp, though. Should I get a regular hose clamp or might there be something else going on (because of the new t-stat?) that's causing the leak.
T.i.a.,

• irondude

Posted March 13, 2004 - 01:49 PM

try a new clamp-get a regualr hose clamp on there and make sure the hose is pulled all the way on--a bit of wd40 helps it slide on.

If the leak is at the hose, not at the thermostat-then its probalby the hose--make sure there arent any small cracks in the hose...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrianVT

Posted March 13, 2004 - 02:14 PM

Thanks. Figured as much but I'm a little paranoid with my 1st liquid-cooled bike. Riding my 1st ride of the year next Sun. and also my 1st enduro. I'm fired up and I want to lose (C-vet) because of me, not the bike.
There wouldn't even be any pressure in the radiator if the t-stat wasn't working, right ?
Cheers,

• irondude

Posted March 13, 2004 - 07:06 PM

just FYI i dont use a thermostat anymore on the BRP-and that includes some long races in low-40's temps...no problems at all-lots of others have just yanked it out as well...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.