Anyone ride Mammoth Bar in Auburn, Ca?

5 replies to this topic
  • DILZDAD

Posted March 27, 2002 - 01:00 PM

Going to Mammoth this Friday. What is it like there? Rocky, sandy, hills, no hills, etc.. Any info is appreciated.

Chad

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 27, 2002 - 01:04 PM

Yes and then Some

Been awhile but if memory recalls Its all the abouve and lots of fun

Forest Hill is much better though, Soft Forest Loom, Moist tractor traction and really a cool place. But Auburn is awsome any way

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• DILZDAD

Posted March 27, 2002 - 01:38 PM

Thanks for the response! I'm going on Friday...can't wait. It'll be Good Friday for more than one reason now!

Chad

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • canavero

Posted March 27, 2002 - 02:58 PM

Mammoth Bar can be a fun place to ride. No fee but they do have rangers. They require spark arrestors and will test your db's. Put new packing in your exhaust. The track can be crowded but is worth while. If your like me and don't like gaps then Mammoth Bar is nice as it is full of tables. Ride the track then hit the trails.

I may stop by on friday am on my way to a sacramento meeting. I look for you.(I am #152t)

• Javelin

Posted March 27, 2002 - 04:02 PM

Mammoth Bar is a great place to ride, especially being so close to Granite Bay, about 20 minutes. If your bike is red stickered, you may have a problem. The supposed cut-off date for red stickers was March 15. I have not been since February, so I don't know how tough they'll be. The rangers will sometimes pick up the phone early in the morning at 530-885-5821 and will let you know. If not, egoAhole is right, Foresthill will be awesome!(if you can live without a track) If you do get into Mammoth, the track should be in great shape as they usually groom it on Wednesdays.The trails have been cut back over the years, but still offer some decent climbs as well as several "black diamond" single tracks. Some of the trails are fairly rocky, but most are hard packed. The family loves Mammoth because of the track, the 80cc and smaller track plus the beginner to advanced trails. Also,for March, the park is open Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8am 'till 5 pm.

• DILZDAD

Posted March 28, 2002 - 07:48 AM

Canavero,

We will be there about 9:30-10:00 or so. My truck is a 2001 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab and it's Charcoal Grey. We're all riding two smokes tomorrow. I've got an 01 CR 250. It's got the "Road Runner" graphics kit on it and a huge West Coast Choppers cross on the front number plate.

Thanks to all for the info, hope to see ya there...

Ride safe,

Chad

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.