WB's Vortip and "Tork" valve.

4 replies to this topic
  • Cmott426

Posted March 13, 2004 - 07:30 AM

I am looking at getting either the PMB quiet insert or the Vortip, I am not sure what would be better, any thoughts on the matter? Right now I am rinning the stock muffler with the stock baffle removed. Also does the Tork valve work?

http://shop.thumpert...gs.asp?pdf=wb65

• tctrailrider

Posted March 13, 2004 - 08:17 AM

I would go with the PMB. Its easy to modify by drilling out some of the plug holes on the perimiter. GYR-T also has a tip for about $40.00 that works fine. I ran a Vortip and GYR-T in my 426. Performance very similar. GYR-T looks better and is 1/2 the cost.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted March 13, 2004 - 01:12 PM

Also does the Tork valve work

I do have one, but have yet to install it. (useless reply)

I have been busy moving most of my household crap to PA, and getting this house ready to sell.

• Cmott426

Posted March 13, 2004 - 06:20 PM

I stopped by my local Yamaha shop to see if they had the GYT-R insert, they didn't but the parts guy had a used Vortip off of his WR400. I bought it for $15 and he threw in a new pilot jet. It's a lot quiter. I have not had a chance to ride with it yet. I am still thinking about getting the Tork valve, and makeing a JamesNow.

• Tom_Rowlee

Posted March 16, 2004 - 12:03 PM

I have a PMB, don't know how much it hurt the top end but it sure helped the bottem and the mid and that,s more important in the woods also it took a lot of the noise out of the beast . :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.