Placing that new sticker on PERFECT

35 replies to this topic
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted March 28, 2002 - 09:41 AM

This signal to noise is way up again, at least this time its funny. Ego you are definetly a piece of work. The warm water and soap is a good idea for sure. Im not ready yet, but when I am, my big blue fat girl is gonna be lookin sharp.

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 28, 2002 - 09:44 AM

Why ? I burnt my buddies arm making him hold it up the last time I tried :)

Shawn MC Always a pleasur to let others see the funnier side of things. Ya your right I am a pieve of work arnt I :D

• thumper4life

Posted March 28, 2002 - 09:52 AM

well ya know, you might get the occasional finger in there that burnt off that you gotta' work out of your graphics :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 28, 2002 - 10:01 PM

You Nailed it Thumper

Everyone has to sacrifice something for th common good :)

• thumper4life

Posted March 28, 2002 - 10:04 PM

and what did YOU sacrifice? :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 28, 2002 - 10:24 PM

My Buddies Finger :D

Silly Thumper, What ya Think I would Hold it.

Look the one way you can be supirior is to have friends Dummer then you !!
Forst Gump Said that I think :)

• thumper4life

Posted March 28, 2002 - 10:38 PM

Ah, touché :)

• yamie_rider

Posted March 28, 2002 - 05:07 PM

Used the windex thing and it worked great.
I also used a heat gun. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted March 28, 2002 - 05:15 PM

Glad I can help, See I told you all It works, I onl had to pay Yamie_rider 20 bucks to Lie I mean Try it for me

This has been a very insitful thread, Weve gone from Using Windex, to Washing Grapics in a tub with a Rubber Duckie to using a flame thrower to etch the Sticky One perm like.

• motoman393

Posted March 28, 2002 - 05:53 PM

And there will be more to come I'm sure :)

• thumper4life

Posted March 28, 2002 - 07:20 PM

can i have a snorkel and goggles? i like to have a snorkel and goggles in my tub so i can go on a "deep sea exploration" :)

• Mr._Bandicoot

Posted March 29, 2002 - 07:47 PM

I've used both Windex and the bathtub method and the Windex, Bondo scrapper and heat gun has yielded the best results with the least amount of time involved. The windex lets you slide the stickers around alot easier than the soapy water in the tub trick.

• Jeff_Bailey

Posted March 29, 2002 - 10:45 PM

Ok guys, I know a few of you have had success with Windex, but PLEASE don't use that! Windex contains Amonia, (among other things) and that will reduce the life of your decals significantly, and not give you the best application you need.

Why do I know this? My family owns a company called Rapid Tac Inc.

We are the worlds largest and leading manufacture of decal application fluids, and decal adhesive remover. For anyone here in thumpertalk that is interested I will send ( FREE ) samples of all 5 of our products, and I promise no junk mail or junk emails either.
Rapid Tac Application fluid cleans the plastic ( or whatever your applying your stickers to) gives you time to position your decal and remove all bubbles via squeegee, and also Promotes the adhesion process ( something Windex, and Sticker on do not do)

Now, some general tips.

1. The key to getting your decals to stick correctly is a CLEAN surface. Don't use cloth towels ( you never know what was on them before they were washed with, or what was on them prior to washing. Cheap paper towels work the best. Don't bother with expensive paper towels either because they often contain hand lotions, parfume oil, and even silicone. I know, a few of you are thinking ( does this really matter? ) yeah, it does. We get calls daily about decal applications from sign makers and these are the most common causes of frustration and failure in their applications.

2. Make sure your hands are clean. Wash them at least twice with plain hand soap like Ivory or an equivilant that does not contain any lotions, or aloe.

3. Take your time and follow the instructions that I send ( if you take me up on the free stuff)

4. Put the windex away!! lol :-)

• Matt406

Posted March 30, 2002 - 07:20 AM

hy dont you make a solution in your bath tub of water and Windex or the Rapid Tac stuff, if the soapy ater doesnt work good. Go to Wal-Mart and buy the 2.5 gallon bottle of windex, dump it in there, add some water, and you got the perfect combination.

• holeshot

Posted March 30, 2002 - 07:24 AM

Hmmmmmm...I wonder if my microwave is big enough to hold the side plates - do I have to remove the metal parts first? Shall I put a bowl of soapy water in with it? Can I cook four strips of bacon at the same time?

• thumper4life

Posted March 30, 2002 - 11:39 AM

plastic tastin bacon! your dog wont know the difference.....iiiiIIIIIITS BACON! :)

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.