Kicker semi locked

10 replies to this topic
  • Trailblazer323

Posted May 31, 2016 - 09:39 AM

I have a 2004 yz450, and i just got the bike in february. I got it in impeccable shape, and maintain it the same. I recently took to ride, and my kicker locked up. I have compression. Does anyone kno where to start ir what to do. Thanks

• 0bigsilver6

Posted May 31, 2016 - 10:06 AM

There's another recent thread where someone else had a similar problem. Sounds like you're probably dealing with the same thing, I would head over and read that thread.

• grayracer513

Posted May 31, 2016 - 10:57 AM

If the engine turns over via the wheels, and/or it starts and runs when bump started, it's a starter problem.  Drain the oil and coolant and remove the right side crankcase cover to inspect.

• Trailblazer323

Posted May 31, 2016 - 12:23 PM

Awesome thanks. Hey silver, if possible send me the forum link? Ive went thru posts but seems like nothing hit directly. Thanks

• toten

Posted May 31, 2016 - 12:47 PM

Mine stalled when I put it in gear and took a lot of effort to turn over, I guess it was right at TDC or something. Once I got it to move all was well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 0bigsilver6

Posted May 31, 2016 - 01:02 PM

Awesome thanks. Hey silver, if possible send me the forum link? Ive went thru posts but seems like nothing hit directly. Thanks

I actually tried to link the post when I first commented on here but couldn't figure out how to do it on mobile. I will try again shortly

• 0bigsilver6

Posted May 31, 2016 - 01:06 PM

http://www.thumperta...Need-some-help! here it is

• grayracer513

Posted May 31, 2016 - 01:48 PM

Mine stalled when I put it in gear and took a lot of effort to turn over, I guess it was right at TDC or something. Once I got it to move all was well.

That's a different issue, and actually fairly normal.  But it was nowhere near TDC.  What happens sometimes when the engine stalls is that it stops right at the bottom of the full compression stroke, and comes to a stop so quickly that the auto-decomp pin doesn't have time to extend before the engine stops.  This basically takes the auto-decompression system out of play unless you put the bike in gear and pull it back away from the compression stroke and allow the AD system to reset.

• Trailblazer323

Posted June 01, 2016 - 07:02 AM

Awesome thanks guys. One last thing i was recently informed....is it true..,,i got the bike n guy used the rotella t motor oil....i asked arnd and got 50/50 on it. I went w amsoil dirt, top notch i believe, and buddy says w year my bike is synthetic might be bad on my clutch n stuff bc its to lubed or soemthing....anyone know about it? Said my bikes to old to be using synthetic?

• grayracer513

Posted June 01, 2016 - 08:16 AM

The belief that synthetics are bad for your clutch is hogwash, pure and simple.  You might find that some oils seem to make the clutch behave better than others, but not because they are or are not synthetic.  Just avoid anything marked as "API ECII (energy conserving level 2)"  and you'll be fine.

• Trailblazer323

Posted June 01, 2016 - 08:59 AM

Great! Thanks!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.