04 WR450 AP Bog/Hesitation

25 replies to this topic
  • Borgschulze

Posted June 24, 2016 - 12:07 PM

cZcMJXD.jpg

p8NTrZJ.jpg

Well the slide plate seal is definitely damaged.

And the slide plate seems like it's pretty worn out, what do you guys think?

The rest of the carb looks great though... even inside where the slide is, it's not that bad... didn't even bother taking pictures.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 24, 2016 - 12:29 PM

Yes that is worn out....but it has also scored the carb body to match, so I would not change it, only the seal.

• Borgschulze

Posted June 24, 2016 - 01:59 PM

Wonder if the previous owner swapped the slides... bike came with 2 carbs, this one was the cleaner of the two.

Sold the other one already... shouldn't have though Hah...

No excessive play up/down or front/back on this one though.

Oh well, will get it back together tonight and see what happens.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Borgschulze

Posted June 25, 2016 - 04:02 PM

Well the fuel screw works now! It never seemed to do anything before.

It's super super finicky where it needs to be though... took me about 45 mins to get the idle right without hanging

I swear if I even move the screw 2 degrees it'll either be too rich and run like crap off idle, or too lean and hang.

Maybe my R&D Flex Jet fuel screw is crap?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 25, 2016 - 08:41 PM

Well the fuel screw works now! It never seemed to do anything before.

It's super super finicky where it needs to be though... took me about 45 mins to get the idle right without hanging

I swear if I even move the screw 2 degrees it'll either be too rich and run like crap off idle, or too lean and hang.

Maybe my R&D Flex Jet fuel screw is crap?

It was all disscussed before....that is how the fine tuning is described.....less than a 1/8 turn + or - is the sweet spot for fast idle drop.

• Borgschulze

Posted June 26, 2016 - 06:02 AM

Thanks for the help KRANNIE.

Now I just need to get a YZ cam, and a Seat Concepts seat :) Adjust that damn fuel screw all over again Haha.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.