header pipe

5 replies to this topic
  • revin_kevin

Posted May 13, 2001 - 09:12 PM

does changing it make much of a differance?
have just fitted white bros "E" end pipe
well pleased .......looking for feed back
regarding fitting front pipe two
thanks in advance people

• freestyle111

Posted May 13, 2001 - 04:55 PM

it doesnt make as much difference as silencer.silencer may add 3 to 7 hp.headpipe may only add 1 or 2 hp.

• Taffy

Posted May 14, 2001 - 12:12 AM

the header pipe on the WR is good standard, it's unlikely you can gain much here. i fitted the FMF powerbomb header recently & i think it's a little stronger in the midrange. it takes about 1 bhp to feel the difference, so that would be about right.

the "silencer" is worth at most 2/3 bhp across the board which you can really feel. the higher figures-like 7bhp- come from the fact that an open pipe hangs on longer & therefore at say, 11,000-11,500rpm, there's a big gap.

i ride my at 15,000 rpm so this is right in the meaty part of the powerband! not.

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • revin_kevin

Posted May 14, 2001 - 09:59 PM

can't beeeeeelieve the differance the white bros has made,transformed the bike now pulls
mingers everywhere 1st /4th....well pleased

• carlos

Posted May 14, 2001 - 10:41 AM

kevin
i also have a e series muffler,and
recently the front pipe,i can just say
buy it !! it pulls and revs like hell,
the rev limiter has now a hard time.
greetings from holland.

• revin_kevin

Posted May 15, 2001 - 08:53 AM

carlos,did u fit the whole system in one go
or the fuffler first,trying to determin weather front pipe makes a worthwhile gain

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.