2012 front brakes?

10 replies to this topic
  • bopper450

Posted May 28, 2016 - 06:21 PM

Hey guys I don't feel like my front brakes work well enough on the steep downhills, has anyone done any braking upgrades?

• Spiritwalker2222

Posted May 28, 2016 - 06:48 PM

The stock brakes while not the greatest should be sufficient. You shouldn't have an issue getting the back tire off the ground.

You can always upgrade the brake line to stainless steel. Easy and relatively cheap.

Edited by Spiritwalker2222, May 28, 2016 - 06:48 PM.

• Agazza

Posted May 29, 2016 - 02:18 AM

Look at some motardconversions, they put bigger disks on it

• JDLowrance

Posted May 29, 2016 - 05:37 AM

I'm running a larger front rotor (Braking 270mm rotor and pads) with fantastic results. I'm heavier than the average rider and found the front brakes lacking requiring way too much lever pressure to get the bike hauled up from speed. Now brakes are a one finger marvel....highly recommend the Braking rotor/pad combo.

Cheers

Edited by JDLowrance, May 29, 2016 - 05:38 AM.

• RockerYZWR

Posted May 29, 2016 - 07:10 AM

I run the EBC 280mm set up and it works extremely well. It was also one of the less expensive oversize options and is 10mm bigger than most.

GOPR0120.jpg
GOPR0119.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bopper450

Posted May 29, 2016 - 06:16 PM

I'm running a larger front rotor (Braking 270mm rotor and pads) with fantastic results. I'm heavier than the average rider and found the front brakes lacking requiring way too much lever pressure to get the bike hauled up from speed. Now brakes are a one finger marvel....highly recommend the Braking rotor/pad combo.

Cheers

Any specifics on it? I'm also a heavyweight and when it gets pointed straight down hill on some of the single track it's a little unnerving having to work the front brake so much!

• dirznut

Posted May 29, 2016 - 07:36 PM

7Z0gBSv.jpg

SS Lines

Brembo 4 Pot

Brembo 15RCS master

BraKing 5mm 320mm floating rotor

Anything more than a bumblebee hitting the brake lever and the back wheel pops up. Overkill? Yes. Awesome? Also yes.

• JDLowrance

Posted May 29, 2016 - 07:43 PM

Any specifics on it? I'm also a heavyweight and when it gets pointed straight down hill on some of the single track it's a little unnerving having to work the front brake so much!

Here is a link to the rotor/pad combo I'm using....worth every penny!

http://www.motorcycl...front-rotor-kit

Never been a fan of any EBC product I've tried over the years from bike rotors and pads to car pads. I've not tried the rotor mentioned above however so cannot dis it but can state the Braking parts are the best I've used on my dirt bikes.

Cheers

Edited by JDLowrance, May 29, 2016 - 07:50 PM.

• RockerYZWR

Posted May 30, 2016 - 07:42 AM

Well for the record, I thought I was in the 2 stroke forum - that's my YZ250. I run the Tusk 270mm on my WR and have been really happy with it - huge improvement over stock - and it's one of the lower cost set ups. I also switched over to Honda brake pads and they were a little bit better.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 30, 2016 - 09:18 AM

Tusk makes a great 270mm OS rotor kit for cheap and it works great.

I normally don't care for the quality of Tusk stuff, but mine works great and I am 260 6'4" and ride a lot.

• WouldsAssassin

Posted May 30, 2016 - 03:40 PM

+1 Tusk brand from RMATV

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.