Dubach Pipe

5 replies to this topic
  • cashjarrmotox

Posted March 26, 2002 - 04:44 PM

I have a 2002 YZ426 with a Dubach pipe. Any body have any input as to jetting changes or if they are needed when using this pipe?

• 426guy

Posted March 26, 2002 - 06:01 PM

no jetting changes needed..(due to the pipe)

• 4-stroke_carabao

Posted March 26, 2002 - 06:15 PM

I also own a 2002 YZ426F with the Dr. D pipes. Dubach Racing Development indicated that no jetting changes were needed. However, you still need to make appropriate adjustments for your location (ie. temp.,humidity,altitude, etc.). I'm at sea-level with high temps.(80F - 85F) and high humidity, so my bike requires a leaner mixture. Are you experiencing any problems with the pipes installed?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cashjarrmotox

Posted March 27, 2002 - 03:48 AM

I have been riding in 45 degree weather so that may be my problem. My bike has been running rough and seems to have lost some top end???

• kfrosty

Posted March 27, 2002 - 04:49 AM

You will need to jet for elements. I just ordered a pipe from Gina yesterday. She informed me that some of their customers found they needed to go with a different needle jet with their pipes. Here's the info she sent me on it.

The jet part number is 5JG-14916-J1

Run it in the #4 position

If you have problems after that, email dubachracing@attbi.com They are extremely good about helping.

• Ga426owner

Posted March 27, 2002 - 10:22 PM

Kfrosty, what does the new needle jet give you if you do not have to rejet? Better throttle response?

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.