450FX clutch switch bypass plug

7 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted May 25, 2016 - 01:52 PM

How many would be interested in such an item?  A simple plug you can install to bypass the switch in the clutch perch if you damage it or run an aftermarket clutch perch that will still allow you to use your e-start in gear.

• grayracer513

Posted May 25, 2016 - 02:10 PM

Don't want to dump on the idea, but I wouldn't pay much for something I could make from 2" of wire and a couple of terminals.

• cowboyona426

Posted May 25, 2016 - 02:19 PM

Don't want to dump on the idea, but I wouldn't pay much for something I could make from 2" of wire and a couple of terminals.

Not looking to get rich doing this, just thought I'd see if there was enough interest to warrant buying some parts to assemble them.

• Not sponsored

Posted May 25, 2016 - 02:51 PM

All you have to do is remove it from the perch and the starter will engage in gear with the clutch in or out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jwilson32

Posted May 25, 2016 - 04:26 PM

All you have to do is remove it from the perch and the starter will engage in gear with the clutch in or out.

Yup, I was worried too when I put a WC clutch on mine, but it starts with no problem! :)

• NB061

Posted May 25, 2016 - 07:53 PM

You can just remove it from the stock perch. If you want to keep your stock setup and/or have a neat fit that's plug and play they have them.

http://www.ebay.com/...Q5XQIWr&vxp=mtr

• cowboyona426

Posted May 26, 2016 - 05:55 AM

You can just remove it from the stock perch. If you want to keep your stock setup and/or have a neat fit that's plug and play they have them.

http://www.ebay.com/...Q5XQIWr&vxp=mtr

Same concept but I wouldn't be asking $15...

• foggy3061

Posted May 26, 2016 - 11:35 PM

With a couple of new Sumitomo connector terminals (plus seals) and a short piece of wire it’s an easy job to make a bypass using the existing clutch switch connector housing.

20160430_144203_zpslrj9jzjl.jpg

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.