YZ Forks

3 replies to this topic
  • Snrub0800

Posted May 25, 2016 - 01:32 PM

Just found some YZ450 forks off an 06 and am wondering will they fit my 09 WR450? Everyone says stock WR forks are the shits shit so should I buy these? The guy needs to sell them asap so I thought I might as well jump on em. Thanks

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 25, 2016 - 03:03 PM

Just found some YZ450 forks off an 06 and am wondering will they fit my 09 WR450? Everyone says stock WR forks are the shits shit so should I buy these? The guy needs to sell them asap so I thought I might as well jump on em. Thanks

Yes they fit, no modifications.

To be sure, look at the brake caliper bracket: it should be the same spread as your WR's, which is 'large'.

If it is not, you will have to use the YZ caliper too.

Complete-kyb-forks-outter-lugs-2.jpg?142  dwi

wide spacing ^

s-l225.jpg

narrow spacing ^

...and the fork tops should be bronze with a deep recess

DSCN8828.JPG

SSS fork tops

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RockerYZWR

Posted May 26, 2016 - 06:30 AM

Yep, '06 YZ450 forks fit our '07-11 WRs with no mods - most notably the front axle and brake caliper bracket. So yeah, what Krannie said.

• Rooster426

Posted June 07, 2016 - 09:39 PM

Just did this mod on my '08. Cannot believe the difference. Especially on whoops and high speed hits. The stock setup is laughable. Direct bolt on including fork guards...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.