Wr426 problems

2 replies to this topic
  • G4voe

Posted May 24, 2016 - 08:55 AM

Hi im new to bikes and riding and just got myself a 2002 wr426 for greenlaning. After a few hours riding the bikes started backfiring,cutting out and hassle starting again. Its got a new plug in it so I eliminated that but found that the hose coming from the top of the carb on a T connecter was melted from exhaust not sure what its for or if that can be related to the problem or not? I dont know where to start to look tbh im quite mechanical but a newbie with these bikes.

Any help would be much appreciated

Gav

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrFeelGood

Posted May 24, 2016 - 12:15 PM

Yup.  Melted vacuum lines will cause that reaction.

• G4voe

Posted May 26, 2016 - 08:27 AM

Thanks alot for your reply drfeelsgood ill replace that hose then and fingers crossed have some more luck with the bike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.