Who changes the position of their rear brake lever??

1 reply to this topic
  • latehit

Posted March 12, 2004 - 06:32 AM

I went riding yesterday and I kept finding that I had to lift my foot to use the rear brake lever and then in order to use it without locking up the rear wheel I would have to hold my foot off the peg. Then after I put my bike in the truck I was looking at it and the rear brake lever is up above the peg. So my question is do you lower yours and if so how much(i.e. just below the level of the foot peg or down farther).

Thanks in advance,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oldbones

Posted March 12, 2004 - 07:13 AM

Yes, I lowered mine. I also lowered my footpegs with the "free footpeg mod", and now find that I can't lower the back brake lever as far as I would like, resulting in me using more back brake than I need, and sometimes killing the engine by locking up the back tire coming into a corner.

Mine is all the way to the lowest adjustment.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.