Do all bikes comes with the extra PJ & MJ?

7 replies to this topic
  • r_dawg1021

Posted March 12, 2004 - 05:26 AM

I got my '04 450 about 2 weeks ago but the dealer forgot to give me my owners manual and what not. I went last night after hours and grabbed it from a "secret" place that I had asked them to stash it. Got home read it until midnight and then realized a little baggie with what appears to be two MJ(#60F) and also 1 PJ, which I was too tired to read if it had anything labeled. Do all new bikes come with the extra Jets? Is this another one of things they do in order to get the emissions stuff under control and then allow the user to convert the bike to something usable? Thanks for any info, I'll be tearing the bike down this weekend now that I have some documentation.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted March 12, 2004 - 06:32 AM

yes they do my 04 yz 250f came with 2 extra jets in a little bag. along with a spark plug wrench, spoke wrench and the manual and a little book of how to ride or something like that. :)

• ColdChillin

Posted March 12, 2004 - 08:17 AM

So does this mean I'd be better off running the extra jets they sent with the bike as opposed to what they actually installed in the bike. I'm pretty sure my WR is a little on the lean side. :)

• r_dawg1021

Posted March 12, 2004 - 12:26 PM

Good question. I called the dealer to get the down low and he said I should be fine with the stock PJ and MJ. I kind of took his word for it until he said guys who mess with their jets are just too anal. I disagree, it's called being smart. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ColdChillin

Posted March 12, 2004 - 12:40 PM

We need one of our resident gurus :) to chime in on this. I've wonderend about why they sent those extra jets ever since I bought the bike.

• DOGBITE

Posted March 12, 2004 - 01:01 PM

Mine did. :)

• iNSaNe

Posted March 12, 2004 - 01:42 PM

The dealer I bought from lost my manual, which I still haven't received and I guess he lost those too. I did get the spoke tool and plug wrench however.

I'll have to call them up an harass them about it, I might need those jets once the new pipe arrives.

• 5spoke

Posted March 12, 2004 - 05:41 PM

I got my '04 450 about 2 weeks ago but the dealer forgot to give me my owners manual and what not. I went last night after hours and grabbed it from a "secret" place that I had asked them to stash it. Got home read it until midnight and then realized a little baggie with what appears to be two MJ(#60F) and also 1 PJ, which I was too tired to read if it had anything labeled. Do all new bikes come with the extra Jets? Is this another one of things they do in order to get the emissions stuff under control and then allow the user to convert the bike to something usable? Thanks for any info, I'll be tearing the bike down this weekend now that I have some documentation.

It's a 160 and 170 and a 40 pilot. Whether you change jets would depend on what mods you do or you altitude and temps.

I assume they supply the jets for people at different alt. and temp as they don't know where the bike is going to be sold. Some one at higher alts will used the 160 and possibly the 40 pj. Sea level 170 and existing 45pj. This is assuming you keep your bike stock.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.