Whacking = Off What's the Cause?

5 replies to this topic
  • RichB

Posted March 26, 2002 - 10:44 PM

Alright guys, I know the Bog/BK issue has been discussed to death but I don't remember seeing anyone saying what causes the bike to bog or outright stall when you chomp on the throttle hard. i.e. low speed wheelie or in neutral whacking the throttle.

Is the bike starving for fuel or is it getting too much gas?

If it's starving for fuel how does shortening the pump duration (via BK) alieviate the lean condition?

If it's a rich condition I assume that because you're subtracting so much fuel by decreasing the duration that you can go up a pilot and still be leaner than without the BK adjustments?

AND IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, NO I AM NOT GOING BLIND :)

• Shawn_Mc

Posted March 26, 2002 - 11:02 AM

With out the BK mod, the accellerator pump squirt is way too much. In other words the pump spray lenght is causing a rich condition to the point where it may not foul the plug, but causes the motor to go "lazy". So the short answer is: Too rich on the pump. That is one of the ways they keep the bike from detonating with pump fuel with 12.5:1 compression. The other way is 3-D ingnition timing. Now some may argue, but this is what I understand.

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 26, 2002 - 11:30 AM

My 00 did the same thing until I seriuosly jetted and BK moded it. I have noticed this also:: If the bike is clod or still in the in-between of full operation temp, I notice a slight bog. This is very slight now that I have it dialed, but once its warm and in heat. I will do the Emeril here "BAAAMMMM" it ignites when ya twist the grip..

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtdad

Posted March 26, 2002 - 11:47 AM

uh...that's "BAM"! not bang. :)

• thumper4life

Posted March 26, 2002 - 12:13 PM

what were YOU thinking?!?!? :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 26, 2002 - 12:34 PM

Man I dunno to much taco bell :)

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.