Wr400 HID headlight conversion

1 reply to this topic
  • Ryan Bradly Baird

Posted May 19, 2016 - 04:42 PM

Hey everyone!

Just picked up a bikemaster HID conversion kit from my local parts store. The directions that came with it were very unclear. Although i am pretty sure i have it wired correctly, when i flip my headlight switch all i get is a buzzing sound from the relay and the headlight bulb. Any ideas what could be causing that issue???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zibbit u2

Posted May 19, 2016 - 11:20 PM

What power source are you using?  Something like that kit should be powered directly from the battery, with the handlebar switch controlling a relay to turn the power on/off.  

Generally if a HID system won't ignite, then that means the power source isn't strong enough to provide the initial kick (flat battery), or you've got the system trying to be powered by a AC source versus using DC.  The last possibility is the polarity was somehow reversed which generally kills ballasts immediately.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.