Lost my electric start button

3 replies to this topic
  • k69mj

Posted March 11, 2004 - 10:30 PM

Yesterday I lost my electric start button (that square gray plastic thingy). Should I buy a complete new button (about 35 EURO), or is there better replacement/solution ?

• mtrablue

Posted March 12, 2004 - 01:15 AM

yes, your kill switch (button). save the plug from the starter button with a couple inches of wire attached. you can buy a cheap after market kill button (the kind that has two wires) and wire it to the old plug.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alabama_Rider

Posted March 12, 2004 - 07:27 PM

You wouldn't believe how many of thise have failed. Mine did. I had ordered a nice Honda XR650L starter button for the WR. I had a XRL for many years and it never failed. Then I changed my mind and decided to pull out the battery and run without the E-Start :)

• simon@vic

Posted March 12, 2004 - 09:08 PM

drz/klx ones are Strong too.
but Yamaha {knowing it will brake} give you a spare red one :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.