HELP Yzf450 BAD sound from engine! youtube link in text

2 replies to this topic
  • tapetspindel

Posted May 18, 2016 - 12:22 PM

My new bike i  got ( yzf450 -06) are sounding really bad. 

What can it be? The chims are ok. 

The chain is not that bad.

And the tensioner are good. 

So what is causing the sound?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 18, 2016 - 12:56 PM

In the first place, videos recorded with phones or cameras and played back on phones or computers never sound like anything identifiable.  Secondly, all YZ450's are noisy.  Your best bet is to compare to another similar YZ450 to see if yours is even more noisy than normal (I heard nothing unusual, but it's a recording).

If the bike has a skid plate other than the stock glide plate that fits between the frame tubes, remove it and listen.  Aftermarket skid plates can amplify noises by contacting the frame at the wrong spot.

You said, the cam chain is "not that bad".  Replace it if there is anything about it that isn't in good condition.  Cheap insurance.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 20, 2016 - 10:55 AM

Sounds typical to me

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.