Apollo RFZ 125 ?

I'm wondering if anyone has ever OWNED or RIDDEN an Apollo-Orion RFZ pit bike.  Any cc (125, 140, 150).  Please don't comment if you don't have any experience with them.  They look pretty nice but I can't seem to locate a dealer in the US.  They are for sale in Canada and all over Europe.  Here's the 125cc big wheel version: http://apollovehicle.com/Motorcycle_RFZ_125_OPEN__(17_14)_425.html

I'm wondering if anyone has ever OWNED or RIDDEN an Apollo-Orion RFZ pit bike. Any cc (125, 140, 150). Please don't comment if you don't have any experience with them. They look pretty nice but I can't seem to locate a dealer in the US. They are for sale in Canada and all over Europe. Here's the 125cc big wheel version: http://apollovehicle.com/Motorcycle_RFZ_125_OPEN__(17_14)_425.html

Ya, we have an abibaba store in the Toronto area, but I think the Orion bikes they sell are knock offs of the Chinese knockoffs. Horrible anyway, but I guess not bad for 850$+/- for a cheap 150. Maybe they are really Orion, maybe not, but the pics look much better than the bikes in person. Anyway, I have tried the one pictured and whatever the basic 125 pit bike is

1463552744591.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have owned both an ssr 125 and a Apollo DB-99 125cc both bought from www.powerdirtbikes.com I prefer the Apollo bikes hands down. The SSR pit bikes are great at first but they are hard to keep running and good luck getting parts for them. You can get parts for Apollo all day long on Amazon. I have owned my Apollo for 3 years now and yet to have a problem with it.

Tboltusa.com for ssr parts. They are a TT sponsor and have very good customer feedback.

It was tested here in the USA but the importers decided to pass

Importer passed? That seems unusual. I know first hand there is some bargaining for price vs product specifications, but if your Importer is on the Asian end, they will practically blow you to make sales.

Probably too personal, but are you licensed for import/export yourself? The logistics are a nightmare, but when you get the hang of it and have the capital, it's really easy. I have an import/export # for Canada to get parts because it got to a point it was cheaper to pay the 16% + duty fees and shipping here.

I'm not even a big shop. I fix people's broken stuff on weekends and am a carpenter by day. Literally ordering stuff off alibaba got cheaper than anything else with a little volume.

• TT Sponsor

ToadilyInsane 
I wanted to express a helpful opinion on the bike without getting into proprietary info 
Its not a bad bike , just not coming to the USA from sources we deal with at this time for various reasons
SSR 
Pitster pro 
Piranha 
Thumpstar 

Apollo 
All good solid bikes 
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...