Lectron Carbs?

4 replies to this topic
  • Snrub0800

Posted May 17, 2016 - 10:30 AM

I just found these carbs and they seem very interesting. I have an 09 wr450 that needs to be jetted and I found this entire carb while just lookin around. Anybody have any experience with them?
Thanks

• stevethe

Posted May 17, 2016 - 11:35 AM

Sure we used to use them back in 1980 on the Maico two strokes.

I sure wouldn't dream of using one on a WR450. The GYTR jet kit is about $75. and works. If you want perfection like I do send your carb off the Zipty racing and get all the mods done. You'll be a happy carberating camper.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JVP

Posted May 18, 2016 - 09:22 AM

I think the Lectron Carbs are good for the 2 Stroke machine.  There true value is that there is no need to change the jetting on them in various altitudes.  Two stroke have a lot more variance of jetting than four stroke.  The FCR carb is the best way to go on the four strokes, unless you have FI.  Then you have no jetting issues.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 18, 2016 - 02:41 PM

I use a Lectron on my ktm 300.  Its a nice carb.  Runs smooth.   No adjustments needed.    Nice mpg improvement.

I hear they have a 4 stroke carb now.  If you don't like dealing with carbs, then call them.

If you don't mind messing with your carb, then save your money, order some jets and the other things needed to fix up the FCR.   It will run just as good.

• Gunner354

Posted May 25, 2016 - 06:54 AM

I just found these carbs and they seem very interesting. I have an 09 wr450 that needs to be jetted and I found this entire carb while just lookin around. Anybody have any experience with them?
Thanks

I've ran the Edelbrock carb on a couple of 450's with good results. A little hard to adjust but doable. But honestly, once you get the stock carb jetted correctly (with Yamaha stock parts) future adjustments are rare.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.