should I but a new bike are keep mine

2 replies to this topic
  • jasonmcc

Posted May 13, 2001 - 12:38 AM

Hi guys

I have a 1999 model wr400. With a yz tank/seat. White Brothers E-series pipe. Wolf 3d ignition. I was thinking about getting a new wr250f or 426f. But why should I get a new bike when mine still goes well. Should I just spend some money on mine to get it back to like new again or get a new one. What should i buy for it ? braided brake hose, head pipe, steering dampner?.

What do you reckon. Whats everyones thoughts on steering dampners I could see that they would be excellent especially in rocky terrain. Thanks Jason

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_S

Posted May 13, 2001 - 02:01 AM

Jason, I have a 99 WR, WrR timed, I don,t know why you would want a new bike if you are happy with the one you have. My suggestion is that you save your money and wait for an "E" button version. I know it will come. My suggestion is put on a Scott's damper and have a ball this year. You know the old saying, Why fix what ain't broke! Ron

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 13, 2001 - 02:52 AM

Keep your bike, Jason. Maybe that new Honda CRF450-Offroad version will be the ticket in two years...???

or

Yamaha will "up the ante" w/ an improved, lighter WR...

------------------
'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.