Yamalube

5 replies to this topic
  • ozijake08

Posted May 14, 2016 - 07:08 AM

Hi guys , some positive feedback , my 2009 WR450 just clocked 4000k and 140 hours, valve clearances no adjustment needed (right in middle of specs) 

Changed fork oil, it looked brand new.

this bike is modified with YZ GYTR race pipe and carbie fully jetted to suit and runs a  vortex ignition 

it doesn't use a drop of oil and starts the instant I touch the starter every time.

What do I do ? air cleaner cleaned and oiled every ride, oil and filter changed every 10 hours with Yamalube full synthetic.

I run the bike on 98 octane and use an additive called Flash Lube Valve Saver I swear by this stuff

Moral of story, Yamalube is good stuff , keep your air filter clean and oiled, use a lead replacement addative like Flash Lube

• socali-250

Posted May 14, 2016 - 09:32 AM

not as good as motul... One time when I first got a 4t, I drained the oil from the clutch side and engine oil. 

Refilled with motul on the clutch side twice on accident and forgot to fill the engine. 

I ran it for an hour (not easy) before I noticed. Limped back home and chcked it out. 

IT WAS FINE! MIND BLOWN. I was expecting the worst not the best. 

Drained and refilled properply and put on another 10 hours before I had to tear it down again to fix a hole in the crankcase. 

MOTUL IS MINDBLOWINGLY GOOD. I will never run anything except that oil in my 450 now.

Edited by socali-250, May 14, 2016 - 09:37 AM.

• adnohguy

Posted May 14, 2016 - 09:51 AM

not as good as motul... One time when I first got a 4t, I drained the oil from the clutch side and engine oil.
Refilled with motul on the clutch side twice on accident and forgot to fill the engine.
I ran it for an hour (not easy) before I noticed. Limped back home and chcked it out.
IT WAS FINE! MIND BLOWN. I was expecting the worst not the best.
Drained and refilled properply and put on another 10 hours before I had to tear it down again to fix a hole in the crankcase.

MOTUL IS MINDBLOWINGLY GOOD. I will never run anything except that oil in my 450 now.

+ 1

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThrustWasher

Posted May 14, 2016 - 05:54 PM

Yamalube is good stuff.

• JVP

Posted May 15, 2016 - 07:25 AM

I run Yamalube on my WR450 and Motul in my KTM.  They are both good oils.  Motul is far more expensive.  Why two oils...?  Well, that was what was in the bike at the start and I guess I am a creature of habit.

• Macsplace

Posted May 15, 2016 - 08:01 AM

Have used Yamalube 15w/50 synthetic in my 07 WR450 since it was new. The bike has 7468 miles and just installed a new water pump seal in it. While doing the repair I noticed no wear on the clutch basket gear or any of the gears in that part of the engine, in fact the machining marks are still present. Now I'm not saying it's the best oil ever made but it is a very good top-shelf product.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.