yz cam mod

6 replies to this topic
  • jc777

Posted March 11, 2004 - 03:08 PM

I am thinking about doing the yz cam mod on my bike but i have a few questions first.Does the mod make a significant difference in power?Is the intake cam also a perfect swap and ifso would it make a difference in power.Is there any other advantages of this cam in the wr?

• Jekel

Posted March 11, 2004 - 04:10 PM

Read the YZ cam mod in the YZ 400 section. It will answer any questions you can imagine. Great mod... :)

• gfergtr74

Posted March 11, 2004 - 06:48 PM

I just put the Hot Cams YZ 426 intake cam in my WR 400. Holy crap what a difference.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • galant2nr

Posted March 12, 2004 - 11:09 AM

I put the 03 YZ450 Exhuast cam in my 02 WR426 about 3 months ago. A very good improvement for the money. The bike doesn't feel a lot faster because the powerband is smoother (Like a CRF450), but it is way easier to ride fast.
Other advantages, less compression braking, easy bumpstarts, and you can kick over the bike while sitting in the seat..
Just do it, you won't be disappointed.
Call www.worldofcycles.com for your cam. Under $100 shipped to your door...
:) :D

• jc777

Posted March 12, 2004 - 01:41 PM

Is there a difference between the yz cam and hot cams?

• blue_beast_wins

Posted March 12, 2004 - 11:45 PM

Is there a difference between the yz cam and hot cams?

Yes, Hot cams claim a mid to upper "improvement" where as the Yz450 cam gives you a much smoother power band with [@#$%&*!] loads of torque down low.

• Red3171

Posted March 31, 2004 - 06:36 PM

I'm contemplating on doing the auto decomp cam mod in my dual-sported '02 WR426. I am more interested in low end torque than high end HP. I would like the smooth broad powerband though. So for my needs, 95% trails, would the WR450 cam be a better choice?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.