Couple of questions

2 replies to this topic
  • G-Man

Posted March 25, 2002 - 05:31 PM

1) I did my website a few yrs back on Geocities (yea it's free), but now it does not allow me to link pics to post. Is there a painless way to transfer to something better, that is free?

2) What about a website, that I could convert my jpegs to url's I have some new pics I'd like to show?

Thx in advance,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • acarter920

Posted March 25, 2002 - 05:47 PM

G-man... go to www.pixfun.com and sign up for an account. Is very very easy to upload pics and store in your own folder. Then, when you want to post a pic, right click on the pic you want to post and go to the properties menu. Copy the pic URL and paste it into your topic. Then, just before (no spaces) the pic URL type and just after (no spaces) type . The "/" is needed, so dont forget it. Then post topic. Hope this helps
:)

• sirthumpalot

Posted March 26, 2002 - 04:49 AM

See if you can ftp your entire site to your local computer. The limiting factor will be if geocities allows you to open an ftp connection to their server (or copy the files in any other way). If you can get it to your local computer then it will be very easy to transfer to another server. Some parts of the HTML may need to be adjusted if the paths used weren't all relative, but that should be cake. If you have multiple files then you can us something like BKReplacEm to search/replace on the entire site at once. Send me a PM if you have questions.

Also check your internet account, most accounts these days include at least some web space. In my personal experience these accounts typically provide better speeds than those free services which tend to skimp on bandwidth.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.