2016 WR450f Sprockets?!

5 replies to this topic
  • Super_Davee

Posted May 12, 2016 - 01:42 PM

I'm having a heck of a time finding smaller rear sprockets for the new WR. I have a set of Excel 17's on the way, and my rear 48t wont work well on the street for what i want to do.

Does anyone have any leads on a 44,45t rear sprocket? Supersprox is the only company that i've found to offer a 44t, but they state it fits 2007-16 WR's, and i'm not sure that i will get the correct part. I'd also rather not have a gold sprocket.

• stevethe

Posted May 12, 2016 - 01:51 PM

2007-2016 are the same sprockets. Supersprox are good quality. I use a 15 - 42 on my 08 supermoto.

• XRBrady

Posted May 12, 2016 - 03:03 PM

Ive got a 46 with less than 100 miles on it i'd be willing to let go geared a tad tall for me with a 13/46 would be perfect with a bigger front sprocket but ive already got a 44 that fits my sumo chain correctly.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Super_Davee

Posted May 12, 2016 - 03:20 PM

2007-2016 are the same sprockets. Supersprox are good quality. I use a 15 - 42 on my 08 supermoto.

Nice. Do you happen to know if the rotors are the same? I ordered a Motomaster rotor for the front, but i want a spare rear rotor for the 17's. That way i dont have to swap rotors wfrom wheel to wheel. 

• stevethe

Posted May 12, 2016 - 03:23 PM

Nice. Do you happen to know if the rotors are the same? I ordered a Motomaster rotor for the front, but i want a spare rear rotor for the 17's. That way i dont have to swap rotors wfrom wheel to wheel.

I don't know for sure. However they usually do not change that stuff. I have a Barrenger set up on my 08 that came from a 10' model.

• stevethe

Posted May 12, 2016 - 03:51 PM

I should mention they did change the caliper mount bracket from 07-11 WR's. I have later model YZ style Ohlins forks. However the brake disc is a bolt on from the 07 WR thru the 10 YZ and likely the same on the 16'

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.