white stuff

19 replies to this topic
  • thumper4life

Posted March 25, 2002 - 04:48 PM

the rubber tube on the left side of the frame in front of the engine, after i shut my bike off after riding and go in the house for about a half hour, i come back and there is white stuff on the ground or on my stand coming from this tube. my dad said it was crankcase condensation. another of my friends said he never seen anything like that on a fourstroke before. can any of you tell me what it is and if i should worry about it and if its normal please? if it aint normal, what is it and what do i gotta do to fix it?

• yamie_rider

Posted March 25, 2002 - 05:02 PM

oil+water = white gunk

mine does the same thing.

• thumper4life

Posted March 25, 2002 - 05:09 PM

excellent

• motoman393

Posted March 25, 2002 - 05:09 PM

Its normal dont worry about it! I saw a guy with a 250f that his crankcase tube was dripping pink...it turns out he uses a red oil (I think it was amsoil) Later,

Garrett

• sirthumpalot

Posted March 26, 2002 - 01:39 AM

If it's doing it a lot then pop your dip stick out to see if your oil is milky. If it is then you are getting a lot of water in the oil somehow and you need to check it out. If not then just like everyone said, don't worry. :)

• thumper4life

Posted March 26, 2002 - 04:24 AM

its just one or 2 drips

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 26, 2002 - 04:42 AM

Dude I think your Bike is Smuggling Coke, Where did you buy the bike ? I hope it was not from the CAli Cartel
HeHa :)

• thumper4life

Posted March 26, 2002 - 04:44 AM

CANADA DUDE! we better retrace my steps and find the source! im surprised i got over the border!

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 26, 2002 - 05:22 AM

:) Ya just gotta laugh if not then the head explodes

• Amador

Posted March 26, 2002 - 06:02 AM

Hey thumper!,

Don't be so quick to write this off. the same thing happend to me and I got some great advise from some folks here on this site. It turnes out that the water pump impeller shaft seal was bad. After I replaced it, it never happened again. If you're ridding where it is wet, it's probably normal. However, if your ridding where it is dry and it still happens, you seal is most definitely bad. Only about a 20 min. fix though. Good luck!

chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper4life

Posted March 26, 2002 - 06:02 AM

ouch :)

• thumper4life

Posted March 26, 2002 - 06:20 AM

its only 2 drips though? and it was not like mud wet when i rode, but it wasn't like desert dry. it was dark brown/black dirt so it was like tacky dirt and it was really cold and it was popping on deceleration so it was lean, if that has anything to do with it?

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 26, 2002 - 06:27 AM

Amador set a red flag to me, If this was his experiance then it is worth checking and keeping in your back pocket of knowledge. I am not sure how much the tool costs but a good Coolant system pressure checker is probably the best way to check for leaks out side of the suggested Milky Oil and so on. I would Drain the Oil and look for signs of Water / Coolant. If you find evidence that there is a water / coolant presance then I would follow Amador's Lead and chk further into the Collant system.

:) Good Info Here

• Shawn_Mc

Posted March 26, 2002 - 07:34 AM

Pressure checking the cooling system is worth the trouble. Water in the oil is never a good thing. It may be an easy fix if its just the waterpump impeller seal, but if not........Id check it further.

Just my $.02

• RichB

Posted March 26, 2002 - 08:41 AM

I get that kind of droppage from time to time. I never have milky oil and the water level in the bike has remained consistent for months.

• thumper4life

Posted March 26, 2002 - 10:43 PM

mine has been every time after i ride it for at least 20 minutes at a time...ive only had this one for a week and its been mighty cold.

• yamie_rider

Posted March 26, 2002 - 02:26 PM

I will check mine this weekend to see if it still does it.

• thumper4life

Posted March 26, 2002 - 03:46 PM

get back to me on it, so i can compare :)

• yamie_rider

Posted March 30, 2002 - 05:07 PM

Thumper,

No big deal man, Both my 426 and 250f were leaking white stuff. It was cold out as well,I'd say about +2 celseus. I think its just a cold weather thing.

• jdyfletch

Posted March 30, 2002 - 05:25 PM

Mine used to until I quite spraying off the inside of my silencer tip. I cant seem to keep the I.D. clean- always black! ouch__that hurt

j-kidden, alittle wet on floor, no white action- nock on wood.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.