YZ 450F oil level?

7 replies to this topic
  • EricC1

Posted May 11, 2016 - 02:41 PM

Hi, I just bought a 2008 YZ 450F and im wondering how I can check the oil level. I've looked everywhere for a dipstick / window and I cannot find anything. do these bikes just not have a dipstick/window? i've also tried googling this question and I come up with nothing.. any help would be greatly appreciated!  :rolleyes:

• bootstrap777

Posted May 11, 2016 - 02:51 PM

I have a kx125 and it has neither just drain the old and put in fresh. Shouldn't be hard finding how much to put in. Just a quick Google search

• EricC1

Posted May 11, 2016 - 02:59 PM

I have a kx125 and it has neither just drain the old and put in fresh. Shouldn't be hard finding how much to put in. Just a quick Google search

alright sounds good. Just thought id check to make sure I wasn't some how missing it lol

• justaskmenicley

Posted May 11, 2016 - 04:04 PM

They may have a check bolt but I'm not sure. Never owned one. Also may have separate tranny and engine oil. I would look for a manual to save yourself the trouble.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted May 11, 2016 - 05:08 PM

Hum 2008 YZ450 look harder and you shall find a dipstick toward the front left of the motor. Unscrew it and ck your oil level.

• Hakkalugi

Posted May 11, 2016 - 06:46 PM

Hum 2008 YZ450 look harder and you shall find a dipstick toward the front left of the motor. Unscrew it and ck your oil level.

yes its behind where the oil fill is, a little black knob sticking up under the header pipe almost on the left side of the bike if sitting on it. Unscrew it wipe it off and check it by just placing it back in the hole, not screwing it back down then unscrewing & checking. 

• grayracer513

Posted May 12, 2016 - 06:14 AM

Do some reading:

http://www.thumperta...9-model-yz450s/

http://api.viglink.c...uals/index.aspx

http://api.viglink.c...ook.com.au/?r=0

• cregger1

Posted May 15, 2016 - 11:40 AM

Be sure to run the engine for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes before checking oil level. It's a dry sump system and no oil will show up on the dipstick until the engine gets warm.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.