Removing crankcase cover 2014 WR450F. . . Help!

6 replies to this topic
  • rcfallen

Posted May 09, 2016 - 07:51 PM

I can't seem to remove the crankcase cover, it seems like it is still holding up on something. I removed all 8 bolts including the one under the dampner cover. What am I missing? It's probably right in front of me and I can't see it. Haha

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 10, 2016 - 06:42 AM

I can't seem to remove the crankcase cover, it seems like it is still holding up on something. I removed all 8 bolts including the one under the dampner cover. What am I missing? It's probably right in front of me and I can't see it. Haha

Typically you need to tap it all the way around with a deadblow hammer to loosen it.

• rcfallen

Posted May 10, 2016 - 07:54 AM

Typically you need to tap it all the way around with a deadblow hammer to loosen it.

I gave that a try as well, and it still didn't seem to budge. It's almost like the cover is still getting hung up near the dampener  :banghead:  lol

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blakemoss50

Posted May 10, 2016 - 08:01 AM

sometimes the gasket it stuck on there good holding it on, get a soft plastic pry lever and give it a try, it shouldn't be held on by anything else
or take off the oil cap and pull from there

• toten

Posted May 10, 2016 - 08:06 AM

I haven't done it on my WR, but I know on many bikes the stator will be attracted (by magnet) to the rotor, making it more challenging to remove. Any chance that's the problem?

• rcfallen

Posted May 10, 2016 - 10:18 AM

I haven't done it on my WR, but I know on many bikes the stator will be attracted (by magnet) to the rotor, making it more challenging to remove. Any chance that's the problem?

sometimes the gasket it stuck on there good holding it on, get a soft plastic pry lever and give it a try, it shouldn't be held on by anything else
or take off the oil cap and pull from there

I definitely know what your talking about with the stator causing it to stick because of the magnetism, that was one of my original thoughts. I tried pulling from the oil cap and I was able to get a screwdriver under the cover. I tried prying it till the point of the screwdriver flexing and decided to stop. I'm at a loss. I appreciate everyone's input! Ill have to take some more pictures when I get home. At this point I'm going to pull the whole subframe off so I can see the rest of the case.

• blakemoss50

Posted May 10, 2016 - 11:58 AM

have to tried to take the engine plugs out and take a look inside

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.