4 replies to this topic
  • Denny47

Posted March 25, 2002 - 01:53 PM

looking at a used '01 426. there was occasional hesitation on accelerator in neutral and does the head always seem that noisy? Thanks

• yamie_rider

Posted March 25, 2002 - 02:39 PM

depends how noisy. mine is noisy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CAL

Posted March 25, 2002 - 03:10 PM

Mine's quieter than my DRZ. :)

• RichB

Posted March 25, 2002 - 04:17 PM

Mine's pretty noisy and as far as the "accelerator" I would take it for a ride. You can actually kill my bike right now by whacking the throttle in neutral but riding the bike is like going for a ride in John Force's funny car.

I bought mine used and have had 0 problems over the last 8 months.

• sirthumpalot

Posted March 25, 2002 - 04:59 PM

My '01 is noisy but it all kinda blends in and there's no stand-out clanking or anything.

As for the hesitation, that's weird for an '01. Mine is completely stock and once it's warm there is absolutely no hesitation at all. I frequently exit corners in 3rd when it's running just a hair above idle speed and I can open it right up with no bog or anything. Find it if he's fiddled with the jetting or anything, or maybe it just needs the carb cleaned. I'm at sea level and it's typically over 70 degrees when I ride (usually over 80) if this helps. When the motor is cold then it is possible to stall it by snapping it open to quickly, but once warm it's pretty solid.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

• Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.