2002 WR-426 4th Gear Stutter

5 replies to this topic
  • SamT

Posted May 09, 2016 - 12:58 PM

Hey all. Just got a 2002 WR426. Great bike, totally love it. Only issue is that when I shift into 4th gear, it has uniform spurts of power. Less than a second I have power, then I dont, then power, then dont. Anyone else have this? Know of a fix, or whats wrong?

Thanks.

Edit: I have not felt anything in 5th gear thats anything different than it should be

Edited by SamT, May 09, 2016 - 01:01 PM.

• SatansReverence

Posted May 10, 2016 - 01:13 AM

Dogs on 4th are worn. pull it apart and replace as necessary.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 10, 2016 - 07:22 AM

Hey all. Just got a 2002 WR426. Great bike, totally love it. Only issue is that when I shift into 4th gear, it has uniform spurts of power. Less than a second I have power, then I dont, then power, then dont. Anyone else have this? Know of a fix, or whats wrong?

Thanks.

Edit: I have not felt anything in 5th gear thats anything different than it should be

Do the rpms rise and fall during this 'sutter'.........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SamT

Posted May 11, 2016 - 09:21 AM

Do the rpms rise and fall during this 'sutter'.........

Not that I noticed. I wasnt listening for that unfortunately. I got it out of 4th as soon as I could.

• SamT

Posted May 11, 2016 - 09:22 AM

Dogs on 4th are worn. pull it apart and replace as necessary.

Okay. Should I replace 4th gear too? And should I do the same to 5th, or any others?

And while I have the engine apart, is there anything else I should replace?

• SamT

Posted May 11, 2016 - 09:34 AM

And does anyone know where I would find the parts I need to order?

Jack s*** is coming up in google.

And also, is there anything I can do to prevent this happening in the future?

Edited by SamT, May 11, 2016 - 09:36 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.