2015 WR450 fuel consumption

8 replies to this topic
  • Kidrman

Posted May 08, 2016 - 06:13 AM

I went on the third ride with my WR yesterday and the fuel light came on in only 30 miles. I have the competition ECU and FMF pipe, all else stock.

I am a very new rider so tend to be in a lower gear not going as fast as most. Is this consumption normal? What do others see?

• dirznut

Posted May 08, 2016 - 07:32 PM

Sounds normal. Keep in mind the fuel light comes on quite prematurely. I can get about 60-70 miles out of a stock tank of gas messing around in supermoto trim and the light comes on in the 40's iirc. I have the ECU, screw, open airbox, pipe, and header. Running the FMF map. Gas hog indeed.

• Spiritwalker2222

Posted May 09, 2016 - 06:13 AM

Yup about normal, a 10 liter tank would be ideal for me. I normally carry two, 1 L fuel bottles with me.

• Kidrman

Posted May 09, 2016 - 11:18 AM

How do you carry those? Have you looked at a larger tank?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450crazy

Posted May 09, 2016 - 01:24 PM

The IMS 3 gallon tank is well worth the money. I can go most of the day (riding hard) on one tank. Easy to put on and doesn't really effect the seating position or balance.

• 450crazy

Posted May 09, 2016 - 01:27 PM

And dirznuts is absolutely correct. The FMF map is a total hog. I ran that for a couple rides and found the bush and motocross maps are suitable replacement maps.

• Kidrman

Posted May 09, 2016 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for the response. I am running the out of the box map in the competition ecu.

• Spiritwalker2222

Posted May 09, 2016 - 03:56 PM

I have the ZacSpeed Dakar.

It's got lots of room. I try to carry as possible, but it's got me covered if I need to carry more stuff.

• Kidrman

Posted May 09, 2016 - 04:08 PM

Nice! I'm waiting for the Zacspeed recon to be back in stock. Great looking packs.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.