Yes.. your YZ450 can make a great woods bike

21 replies to this topic
  • Agazza

Posted May 12, 2016 - 10:58 AM

or you could put the WR transmission, or just the WR 1-2 , in the YZ motor

You still dont have the same great enduro bike, and its helluva lot more work to change the gears the exhaustcam and exhaust. Hell, you dont even have to change the cam, its more low end torque with the wr cam

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jess Choat

Posted May 25, 2016 - 09:48 PM

My YZ really does well in the tight woods of Oregon, lots of trees. However, it really is all relative. My son just bought a new KTM 350xcrf and its like riding a 125cc, quick and nimble, with a 450cc engine. We traded rides for a while and I am impressed. I have an old 2002 KTM 520sx and I've never been able to get it to handle properly so I was skepticle. You could actuate the juice clutch with your pinky. My YZ does Ok but it will never keep up with that KTM. KTM finally got rid of that goofy European feel, stink bugging around corners. That bike feels like a 125 Honda now. So... I have an OK woods bike for about $5000. My son has a phenomenal woods bike for $8000. (He got a 2016 for $8000 because they needed the room for the 2017's.) I suppose it all comes down to money, it usually does.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.