My Lights stopped working????

7 replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted March 11, 2004 - 07:26 AM

Hi everyone,

Just noticed yesterday that my lights stopped working. What do you think the likely cause is? Bad switch?

Thanks,
Fryboy

• PBDBLUE

Posted March 11, 2004 - 07:33 AM

Is this the stock lighting or a DS kit? If it's stock it could be a number of things. It could be a bad switch, disconnected wire, etc. Also if the AC regulator fails or is disconnected you will blow both bulbs. Or it could just be that both bulbs went out by coincidence. :)

• Fryboy

Posted March 11, 2004 - 08:11 AM

Stock Lighting. Don't know what happened. I had to take off front light and know I plugged it back in. Neither front or back is working.

Fryboy

• Tom14911

Posted March 11, 2004 - 05:29 PM

My switch fried at about 500 miles. I jury rigged something together and it still works.

Tom

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Blue_One

Posted March 11, 2004 - 06:26 PM

FRy

If you find it is your stock switch i have one i can give you :D

Let me know :)

• Wrbiker

Posted March 11, 2004 - 11:11 PM

any one parting his/her 98/02 wr400/426 main wire harness with voltage reg? i only can paypal.. thanks

• The_Missile

Posted March 12, 2004 - 04:52 AM

Check the wiring on the top of the cylinder of the BACK brake. I have a '98 and the wiring was very close to the exhaust, causing it to melt and short out the entire system. New wire, repositioned, solved my problem.

• Fryboy

Posted March 12, 2004 - 07:09 AM

FRy

If you find it is your stock switch i have one i can give you :)

Let me know :D

Billyboy,

You da man :D I suppose I can just take out the switch and hard wire it together and then check it. :D

Fryboy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.