Where does this piece go?

Hi guys, sorry if this topic is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to put it..

Anyway, I removed both wheels for the first time today, but found this black plastic piece on the floor.. I'm sure it appeared after I removed the front wheel, but not sure where it goes?? Can somebody give me a hand please?

Cheers!

P.S. Bike is a KTM 530 EXC-R 2010

Edited by AlexRider

Hi guys, sorry if this topic is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to put it..

Anyway, I removed both wheels for the first time today, but found this black plastic piece on the floor.. I'm sure it appeared after I removed the front wheel, but not sure where it goes?? Can somebody give me a hand please?

Cheers!

P.S. Bike is a KTM 530 EXC-R 2010

That's part of the Venturi cluster. How did you knock it off???
  • Like 2

That's part of the Venturi cluster. How did you knock it off???

The what? I honestly have no idea what that is, the bike did drop slightly on the stand but I caught it.. Maybe it was knocked off then? I have no idea where it goes... Is it easy to get back on?

The what? I honestly have no idea what that is, the bike did drop slightly on the stand but I caught it.. Maybe it was knocked off then? I have no idea where it goes... Is it easy to get back on?

I'm kidding Alex. You forgot to post the pic of what you left off your bike.
  • Like 2

I'm kidding Alex. You forgot to post the pic of what you left off your bike.

I'm an idiot lmao.. You really had me worried then

I'm posting off my phone but it should be attached now.. Let me know if it isn't and I'll do it through my pc.. Sorry guys lol

IMG_0157.jpg

Edited by AlexRider

It's a plug that goes on the very bottom of your fork..    Covers your adjuster screws.

I appreciate your input mate - I'm probably being completely incompetent but I can't see where it goes?. I've attached a picture of the bottom of my forks, there's nowhere to place it.

On a side note - now that I look at the picture; I've noticed that the fork brackets are slightly unaligned >_>

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Edited by AlexRider

Ah- My mistake. Looks like your plugs are in there. Maybe a plug for the axle?- Someone?

I thought it was a plug for the axle, but not sure where it goes exactly.. I imagine through the left side before the bolt is screwed on but if somebody can confirm that'd be great! Thanks :-)

Looks very much like the caps that go on bottom of chair legs !

I'll have a look at my 09 530 and get back to you later

Well, my bike is in my house so it could very well be that lmao!

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure it came off my bike when I took the front wheel off. Scratching my head at this one :confused:

Thanks, post back if you find anything  ?

looks like a plug for the axle you're holding it in front of.I don't know KTMs but the axle looks to have an inside thread

I thought that too, but wanted to double check as I didn't actually see it pop out of there. I'm assuming I just put it in there and then screw the axle nut on after. I'll wait for T-bone to check his 530, or for somebody to confirm it before I shove it in there though  ?

Edited by AlexRider

I appreciate your input mate - I'm probably being completely incompetent but I can't see where it goes?. I've attached a picture of the bottom of my forks, there's nowhere to place it.

On a side note - now that I look at the picture; I've noticed that the fork brackets are slightly unaligned >_>

Full_Size_Render.jpg

kinda looks to me like yer front master cyl could be about ready to let go on ya...(bleedin???)

cant see but your inside puck might be some kinda thin...

Edited by THUMPERRRR

Full_Size_Render.jpg

The plug is missing... in the photo. There's s plug on the bottom of the fork tube (right side in photo) and it's missing in the tube (left side in photo)

The plug is missing... in the photo. There's s plug on the bottom of the fork tube (right side in photo) and it's missing in the tube (left side in photo)

The correct plug is in the left side , looks like he has two different type plugs, the left side is the original type

The correct plug is in the left side , looks like he has two different type plugs, the left side is the original type

The part he's holding looks too long to snap in there... I looked at the parts diagram for his bike and I don't see anything like what he's holding.. perhaps the plug on the inside of the rear swing arm. But that doesn't even look right.

I give up... Trevor Pope has a good parts search.

https://www.trevorpopemotorcycles.co.uk

Edited by C6DNA