A few questions about my 2001 YZ426F

1 reply to this topic
  • 01yz426fbobby

Posted May 01, 2016 - 08:41 PM

Alright so I'll start off with I just joined this site 5 minutes ago. I come from a Atv riding/racing background. I traded straight across a TRX300EX for a YZ426F pink for pink. Kid said it scared him. Oh well.

Anywho, been riding this bike for about 5 months now. This is my first dirtbike I've ever ridden, and owned. This thing rips I think. But I want more power.

Does anybody know of any kits and or custom engine work by any shop is out there for the 426? I've looked at the auto decompression cams hotcams has but I don't want just a cam for removing a lever. I want power baby.

Also, granted there is some sort of kit out there for it, what exhaust should I run? Any help and all input is great! Thank you

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zuch95701

Posted May 01, 2016 - 08:46 PM

Welcome to TT. When I had my 426 that bike pulled like a freight train. I would recommend spending the money on a auto decompression exhaust cam and then spend the rest of your budget on the suspension which is the real weak link with that bike. The motor has a ton to offer you just need to shift earlier than you think cause the 426 makes its power low. If it has stock exhaust I would look into a fmf 4.1 I like there sound and they have quite cores you can put in them to quite them up some more. Quite is the new loud  :goofy:

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.