2005 WR Blinkers not working after the bike was apart

3 replies to this topic
  • AMS2015

Posted April 30, 2016 - 12:38 PM

Had the bike apart to paint the subframe and change the fenders. After assemblying the front blinkers stay on, but dont blink. They are mildly fluctuating if you could say that. The rear blinkers flash once really lightly and then stay off. 

Im running the tusk kit. 
Brake light works as it shoud.  

What could be the problem?

• still2smokin

Posted April 30, 2016 - 01:20 PM

First thing I would do is check all connections are clean and tight .

Sounds like a grounding issue to me .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 30, 2016 - 03:02 PM

Had the bike apart to paint the subframe and change the fenders. After assemblying the front blinkers stay on, but dont blink. They are mildly fluctuating if you could say that. The rear blinkers flash once really lightly and then stay off. 

Im running the tusk kit. 
Brake light works as it shoud.  

What could be the problem?

If you painted the sub frame you might have lost it's ground, if it had one.

• AMS2015

Posted May 01, 2016 - 01:19 PM

Got it sorted. As the bike would not crank over i took the battery and put it on a charger. Went back today, connected all the wires again with the charged battery and the indicators started working. 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.