Oversize Gas Tank Color

2 replies to this topic
  • fourstrokin650

Posted March 10, 2004 - 04:38 PM

What are the ups and downs of going with a different color than the stock red on the oversize tanks? I am considering an oversize tank (Clarke 4.3) and like the idea of sticking with the stock color, but I also like the idea of being able to see the fuel easier through the natural. The white tanks seem like they might get brown from rubbing. The natural tanks seem to turn brownish in color from the gas. Can you see the fuel level on the red tanks too? What are your opinions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RidesRed

Posted March 10, 2004 - 05:03 PM

I have the acerbis 6 gallon sahara tank on my bike, and its red. I really like the way it looks, and constantly get compliments on my bikes appearance. As for seeing the fuel, its not nearly as visible as a clear tank, but WAAAY more visible than the stock honda tank. The tank looks huge, but the size is not noticed when I am riding. the clear/white tanks actually turn brown from reacting to the gasoline, over time.

• FlyByWire

Posted March 10, 2004 - 05:41 PM

I went with red. It matches great, I didnt want my tank to look like a damn condom. Seriously, how hard is it to unscrew the cap and visualy check the fuel?

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.