2015 450 hours before rebuild

2 replies to this topic
  • RasmusDK

Posted April 29, 2016 - 10:07 AM

I'm looking at a 2015 450 with 170 hours on it. His a grown man as myself and didn't hit the limiter every gear shift. In general he took good care of it with oil change every 4-6 hours and he just put in 2nd piston.

I expect a rebuilt is coming within 50 hours. How many hours do these bikes go on a bottom end typical, hard question I know since hard use is a big factor. I hope you can give me an idea about it :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drtrcr400

Posted April 29, 2016 - 02:50 PM

My 2014 is still going strong with nearly 220 hours on it. I do about the same maintenance routine you mentioned above. Also timing chains at about the 100 hour mark. I'm a woods rider who isn't exactly easy on things. I can't even count how many times this engine has boiled over going places a motorcycle was never meant to. It sees almost no mercy and has proven to be just plain tough.

• RasmusDK

Posted April 30, 2016 - 02:14 AM

Thanks, I still not sure if I am going to pick it up yet. I expect to get around 80 hours more out of it, and then rebuild it if I decide to go with this one.
I would rather have this then one with the half hours and have been abuse by a pro..

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.